It is currently Thu 19 Oct 2017 3:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Introduce Yourselves 
Master

Post Introduce Yourselves
Bahaha!!!! I get the very first post here. I think.... Anyways I just thought a intro topic would be a good first thing to start so here it is.

I'm Wolfschlitzen (pronounced Wolf-sh-lit-zen. You'd be surprised by the number of people that misspronounce that), aka Zenithar over on IKOLY. I got hooked into Buffy fanfics well before I started watching the actual show. I started writing my own fics because I noticed there was a decidedly short number of Wiffy fics that had a vamped Buffy, so I'm trying to correct that.

Besided Wiffy I'm also into Kigo fanfiction, which is the Kim/Shego pairing from Kim Possible (dont ask me how I came to like something from the Disney Channel, I dont know) and I like Raven/Starfire from Teen Titans. Besides fanfiction I like a crap load of manga and animes. I play 3 online games - Guild Wars, Hellgate, and Team Fortress 2. And outside of all this writing/watching/game playing I practice taekwondo.

Now I leave it to the rest of you to add moar stuff!

Tue 22 Apr 2008 9:34 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Introduce Yourselves
Hello Everybody!

Nice Intro, Wolf. Glad to have you aboard.

Hmm... an intro... :? Okay, here goes.

I'm Howard Russell. Yes, there are two 'l's at the end of Russell, but the last one frequently gets omited by people. I don't know why.

Let's see... I also run BuffyWorld, the fanficcer's friend. Before anyone asks, BuffyWorld is and shall remain neutral on 'shipping. Believe me, a part of me wants to Wiffy-fy BW but that site is about the show, not the characters nor their relationship woes. But that same part of me kinda likes that the initials of BuffyWorld are BW, the initials of the two girls in my One True Pairing. And the show aired on the WB. Again, great initials. :cheese:

I'm more a huge fan of the 'ship than a writer. But I've got a story percolating away in the back of my head. Maybe one of these days, I'll actually start putting fingers to keys and write the darn thing.

Your fellow 'shipper,
Howard

Tue 22 Apr 2008 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Neophyte

Howdy guys!

Pandamel here...usually a silent reader...sometimes....

Glad to see this site thanks Howard!
:cheese:

Tue 22 Apr 2008 12:12 pm
Neophyte

Howdy Folks

after the loss of the last groups, good to have another place to congrigate and not say much :roll:

let see im a nerd with only moderate insanity, i been following the ship for a few years mainly reading and reviewing under a berjillion and 1 different names, tried my hand at writing once or twice but never posted (somethin everyone should be thankfull)

and thats a wrap

Tue 22 Apr 2008 1:20 pm
Journeyman

Hiya guys, uhm, I'm not really sure what to say. I've been reading this particular pairing for three and a half years or so, and I write some too. I'm uber excited about this forum thingymadoober, but that could just be because I'm a big nerd :oops: Okay, thats about it. - Lost

Tue 22 Apr 2008 2:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Master

Hi! I'm Rin, go by the same name over at IKOLY, too.

Believe it or not, I started reading all the transcripts over at BuffyWorld before I ever wrote a fanfic.

I'm a professional writer, and this is my outlet! I write here and always ignore typos! ;)
I revise too much in my every day life, and I apologize...but I love the Wiffyverse too much to stop reading and writing!

I fell in love with the B/W relationship about four years ago. I read everything I could my hands on, then decided that there needed to be even more!! This is by far my one true pairing and my progression went Willow/Kennedy, Willow/Tara, Willow/Fred, Willow/Faith, and then finally stuck at Willow/Buffy. Sense a pattern there???

Also, I'm one of those illustrious Buffy scholars...yes, an actual Buffy scholar. I get paid to watch Buffy and study it! How cool is that? I'm currently working on a college course solely dedicated to the "Rhetoric of Buffy." In other words, I CAN bring my own subtext.

Tue 22 Apr 2008 6:31 pm
Apprentice

(So... what happened to the Yahoo Groups? Nobody told me! If I hadn't seen Howard's notice over at Ikoly I would never had known we were meeting elsewhere now-a-days.)

Hmm... haven't finished any of my B/W fics yet (and it's been years.) but I'm really hoping to get there this year with at least one of them.

Most of my recent writing has been Buffy/f (non-Willow) and a KIGO series I started last year.

Although I prefer Buffy/Willow... (Or I wouldn't be here), I like almost all Buffy/f. And I prefer to write/read crossovers so... the possibilities are endless :lol:

Standing On Boxes

Tue 22 Apr 2008 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Salutations All!

*bounces up and down*

Valyssia here reporting for duty.

I'm not sure I really need to introduce myself so much, but I will... I mean why not?

What I do is write. It's my only real skill...and how 'real' it is is the subject of some debate.

Good to see you folks. With any luck we'll have some fun.

Val

Tue 22 Apr 2008 8:16 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Neophyte

Hey All!

acs - you aren't the only one, went to yahoo groups couldn't find them and then went to check in at IKOLY and the Devine that Howard made the announcement!

Rin - Very happy your here! I'm a Big Fan of both your Loving Willow and Red Series!!

Val - I really enjoyed Flood but you nearly gave me a heart attack with your April Fool's!

I'm an avid reader and fan, I've beta'd some, come up with a couple good ideas to be turned into stories but alas I do not have the talent to be a writer.

Cleo

Tue 22 Apr 2008 8:40 pm
Apprentice

Hey Everyone,

I'm Ivy. I used to do some B/W writing and I'm trying to get back into gear.

I like reading Wiffy and I tend to offer honest feedback.

So what happened to the list? Ten years of Buffy Wants Wilow goodness and then its suddenly gone?

Thanks Howard for this meeting place. all the things you've done for Wiffy over the years is beyond measure!

BTW: if anyone has time to test read or BETA please contact me.

My update list: ivyfanfiction@yahoogroups.com

Tue 22 Apr 2008 9:15 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next