It is currently Tue 18 Jun 2019 12:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Introduce Yourselves 
Journeyman

Post Re: Introduce Yourselves
Greetings,

Hi Didge. Well, you'll be happy to know I prefer 'Grey' over 'Gray' and 'Theatre' over 'Theater'.

On the other hand PUT A GOD DAMNED ARTICLE IN FRONT OF HOSPITAL!!

He's in THE hospital!

I remain, as always,
Mad-Hamlet

Sun 04 May 2008 2:58 pm
Master

Didge wrote:
Hi I'm Didge and I've been bullied into joining this group of insane people (thanks' Whedonist).

Bullied is such a strong word Didge. I would prefer proded or encouraged you to join this group of insane people, but I'm glad to see you here.

:P

Sun 04 May 2008 6:58 pm
Profile ICQ
Apprentice

Quote:
Hi Didge. Well, you'll be happy to know I prefer 'Grey' over 'Gray' and 'Theatre' over 'Theater'.

Greetings Mad-Hamlet

So that's the spelling you prefer but how do you feel about 'colour' and the way the poor letter 's' gets changed into a 'z' i.e. 'realize' instead of 'realise' ?

BTW I'm from Yorkshire so 'The Hospital' should actually be "T' Ospitle"

Dirk

Sun 04 May 2008 7:42 pm
Neophyte

Hi all

I've been reading this ship for a long time now mostly I'm a lurker but i will try to do better here ;-)

Fri 09 May 2008 3:40 pm
Site Admin

Welcome morael. We'll have to try and entice you to de-lurk more often.

Val

Fri 09 May 2008 3:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Neophyte

Hey. My (internet) name is Iced Tea (needed a random pseudonym one day, named myself after the first thing I saw on my computer desk, and it kinda stuck.) I'm a massive geek and damn proud of it.

Been a Buffy fan for a while now, since 2002 I think. Been a Wiffy fan nearly as long. Buffy fanfiction is actually what got me started on fanfiction in general and I'm a huge addict now. I read lots but I don't write. I'd like to start writing but I've never really been able to - I have plenty of good ideas (but I'm a bad man so this part is pretty subjective) but I get stuck there. Anyways, I've been a lurker in the Wiffy community for a while now so I figured I should say 'hi' at least. If you've ever written a Wiffy fic there's a pretty good chance I've read it, so thanks for that. I have too much free time and I like to spend my time doing unproductive things.

Vampire Stories by Crys Loch is probably my favourite fic, such a shame it was never finished. Recently been getting into Valyssia's works, big fan of that.

Pardon my ramblings. I should be sleeping right now but I dun wanna. Thanks for the hard work in getting this site running, it is much appreciated!

Sun 11 May 2008 8:03 am
Site Admin

itig wrote:
Hey. My (internet) name is Iced Tea (needed a random pseudonym one day, named myself after the first thing I saw on my computer desk, and it kinda stuck.) I'm a massive geek and damn proud of it.

*salutes your geekdom*

My name was generated manually using a list of elven root-words. I slapped the pieces together to use in a fantasy world. I used to be a serious gamer. Valyssia live in Dark Age of Camelot and Ultima Online. She was a happy little girl that loved making things in UO and killing things in DAOC.

When I moved to this world I said to myself, 'Self you need a name,' and--well...history. I am and will forever remain Valyssia.

itig wrote:
Been a Buffy fan for a while now, since 2002 I think. Been a Wiffy fan nearly as long. Buffy fanfiction is actually what got me started on fanfiction in general and I'm a huge addict now. I read lots but I don't write. I'd like to start writing but I've never really been able to - I have plenty of good ideas (but I'm a bad man so this part is pretty subjective) but I get stuck there. Anyways, I've been a lurker in the Wiffy community for a while now so I figured I should say 'hi' at least. If you've ever written a Wiffy fic there's a pretty good chance I've read it, so thanks for that. I have too much free time and I like to spend my time doing unproductive things.

I'm allergic to any treads of pop culture. I remember how popular the show was. I never gave the bandwagon a moments pause. I actually picked it up because of a recommendation on afterellen.com a few years ago. It became my 'morning' thing. I would watch Buffy as I was trying to go to sleep. At the time I had no clue I'd be writing Buffy roughly a year later. I did and well...I'm here and all that...

itig wrote:
Vampire Stories by Crys Loch is probably my favourite fic, such a shame it was never finished. Recently been getting into Valyssia's works, big fan of that.

If you look you'll see I share your impression of Vamp Stories. It just plain good. There's no two ways around it.

Thanks for the kudos. I likes fans. They're good slow roasted with mint jelly.

itig wrote:
Pardon my ramblings. I should be sleeping right now but I dun wanna. Thanks for the hard work in getting this site running, it is much appreciated!

Rambling is what we do here. Feel free to stop by and ramble to your heart's content.

Val

Sun 11 May 2008 1:48 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Apprentice

Hey all!

I got into BTVS about 3 years ago. I used to work at the now defunct Tower Records here in San Francisco at that time. My wonderful managers let me work in the video dept. instead of records. I love movies, and , thanks to them, I was a happy camper. A co-worker used to play OMWF all the time, and I fell in love with the show. Now, I love to "torture" my friends with my BTVS obsession.

Until last year, I had heard of fanfiction, but really didn't know that much about it. After Tower closed, I decided to enjoy unemployment by spending countless hours web surfing. That, of course, consisted of me checking out all the Buffy websites. From these sites, I began to discover the world of fanfic. I'm still not sure how it happened, but the first fanfic author's site I visited was a Spuffy ship. I think I was actually looking for Tillow, but somehow got lost along the way! I like Spike, but NOT with the Buffster.

At any rate, I eventually found Mystic Muse and Pink Rabbit. Pink Rabbit also had a lot of Wiffy stories that I began to read as well. I hadn't really even considered non-canon pairings. But, I kept hearing Joss' voice in my head (due to listening to too many Buffy DVD commentaries) about reading the subtext. Then, it hit me how great Buff and Wills are together, and how perfect (and cute) they are together. So, I became a Wiffy fan.

IKOLY quickly became my favorite site. All the stories and authors are great. I went back to school to study film, but am taking a break this semester. Plus, I'm not working. It's all good, though, since my disability came through. So, I kinda got a little too much time on my hands, which led to my Wiffy fanfic addiction! I was very upset when I couldn't get to the site, so I'm glad I tracked Whedonist down, who led me to here. Yay! I've never done the forum thing before, so I'm just kinda learning as I go :)

Thanks again, Howard, for making it (for the moment) possible for me to feed my addiction! I hope you, or someone else, can get it permanently up. I have some stories I've been working on that I would like to post in the future.

It's great to be here!

-Dana

Man, Rin, you are SO lucky! I wish I could watch BTVS all day and get paid for it! Oh, by the way, just wanted to let you know that you are one of my favorite authors :)

Wed 14 May 2008 6:24 am
Journeyman

Hiya Wiffyscoob, you know, you can post those fanfictions here too. There's even a separate section for it :) - L.

Wed 14 May 2008 11:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Apprentice

Thanks Lost! I'll remember that :)

Thu 15 May 2008 12:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next