It is currently Thu 19 Oct 2017 3:16 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Introduce Yourselves 
Apprentice

Post Re: Introduce Yourselves
Well, hello there!

Some of you will recognize me from days of yore, but anyways:

I'm Jin.

I'm one of those strange Swedish persons.

I used to be a real BtVS and B/W freak a few years ago. I mean, REALLY. I watched the show, I played the games, I read and wrote fanfic, I created various types of BtVS art.

You name it, I did it.

Not so much nowadays, though.

I usually watch one or two seasons once a year (mostly the later ones), but I recently started from the beginning (boy, that Season 1 is a drag, huh?), and with that came some memories, thoughts, ideas and inspiration from a few years ago.

So here I am! Took me a while to FIND here, though. what with the lists and Ikoly being down. And it's really neat to see some old faces! such as Ivy, MH, Howard etc.

I actually felt a tingle of warmth and fuzziness when I found this place. A quick one, of course, but still, hurr hurr.

Oh, yeah, I'm no Buffy freak anymore. I mean, I still love it to the death and all that, but I haven't read or written any fics in forever.

Yeah, so anyway...glad to be here!

Tue 17 Jun 2008 8:50 pm
Apprentice

Welcome Jin. Nice to see you back. Come check us out at Watchers. We're in our last season.

--->Susan

Wed 18 Jun 2008 7:21 am
Apprentice

oh really? it's over? what is it, the fifth season? man, you guys (and the community) sure kept it going a long time! pretty awesome.

I actually peeked in at the forums the other day, just to see if there was any activity. didn't stay long, though.

Wed 18 Jun 2008 8:02 am
Apprentice

Jin Hayte wrote:
oh really? it's over? what is it, the fifth season? man, you guys (and the community) sure kept it going a long time! pretty awesome.

I actually peeked in at the forums the other day, just to see if there was any activity. didn't stay long, though.

Yep, season 5 and we're going out with a bang. I'm very proud of what we've accomplished. When we're done, we'll have 118 episodes. That's a helluva lot of words, not to mention screen caps and stuff. Quite a body of work.

--->Susan

Wed 18 Jun 2008 8:35 am
Master

Man, that makes me want to go back and reread the last four seasons, just so I can make sure I'm caught up on season 5! I love Watchers!!!

Wed 18 Jun 2008 2:11 pm
Apprentice

Rin wrote:
Man, that makes me want to go back and reread the last four seasons, just so I can make sure I'm caught up on season 5! I love Watchers!!!

Well, no Wiffy, sorry. But we did have Faith and Buffy gettin' it on. And that was long before the comic book!

And speaking of the comic book. There are quite a few suspicious coincidences between Watchers and it, so many that it seems not a coincidence.

--->Susan

Wed 18 Jun 2008 3:54 pm
Site Admin

Skeeter451 wrote:
And speaking of the comic book. There are quite a few suspicious coincidences between Watchers and it, so many that it seems not a coincidence.
Do you have a place where such "suspicious coincidences" are compiled? That sounds interesting.

Thu 19 Jun 2008 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Apprentice

Howard wrote:
Skeeter451 wrote:
Do you have a place where such "suspicious coincidences" are compiled? That sounds interesting.

Not yet, but one of our guys is working on it.

The biggest things so far have been a character named Rowena, Buffy doing the Sappho Mambo and their whole Tokyo arc which involved the scythe. We had an episode called Tokyo Nights, which didn't involve the scythe, but we had a future episode where one of the slayers admitted to losing the scythe in Tokyo.

--->Susan

Fri 20 Jun 2008 7:22 am
Site Admin

While the character name 'Rowena' wouldn't fit, I'd like to chime in anyway.

Similarities are bound to happen between fan fiction and canon. There are only so many logical places you can take the characters. It's just a fact.

I'm not saying this to discount. It's a simply a point worthy of making.

A friend of mine writes a series call DeadWar that is epic it its own right. In that series Buffy is a vampire. One of her main driving goals is the desire to prove to Angel that you need not have a soul to do 'good.' This idea was the foundation for the first piece in the series. In the Angel After the Fall comic, Gunn's motives are extremely similar.

It happens...it's a logical place to take the characters.

Val

Fri 20 Jun 2008 1:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Apprentice

Valyssia wrote:
Similarities are bound to happen between fan fiction and canon. There are only so many logical places you can take the characters. It's just a fact.

I'm not saying this to discount. It's a simply a point worthy of making.

Val

As long as the characters are moving forward in a way that makes sense for that character it's all good (IMHO).
(One reason why I'm not a fan of Buffy/Angel (post season 3) or Buffy/Spike (Post Season 6) is that it's a backward step. She's been there, done that. Let her move on. Or Willow/Oz even. People who throw away the growth a character has made (even if it's twisted Joshian growth) and hook Buffy up with Spike after Sunnydale are missing the point. Buffy characters DO grow. It's part of the 'verse they're in. )

On the other hand... I find myself intrigued by the idea of Buffy/Oz. :) There aren't that many of them that I've found but I really think the idea of slayer/werewolf has possibilities (As long as it's not Buffy/Remus Lupin). Maybe even Buffy/Veruca? There are some older Buffy/Willow fics where one of them is a werewolf.

Standing On Boxes

Sat 21 Jun 2008 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next