It is currently Sun 22 Oct 2017 7:47 am

Curtain Goes Up .... 
Master

Post Curtain Goes Up ....
I look out over the empty forum and shrug. Fuck it. And I start to sing to an empty room....

'Kay so I'm done...Just figured I'd poke around and see what's up with the mass o' silent bodies. No activity makes me sad and decreases my amount of entertainment. And as we know, keeping me entertained is beneficial for all of mankind...boredom leads to actual thinking, then planning, and uhm well nefarious activities...EEP!

It's not good.

We have new people...but alas they've just created accounts and have remained tight lipped. So uhm *waves to newer members*

*looks behind back at the lack of welcoming committee* Sorry, guess I'm it...so uh, welcome!

What's the up, peeps?

:mrgreen:

Fri 10 Oct 2008 3:01 pm
Profile ICQ
Master

Post Re: Curtain Goes Up ....
Gotta say that I don't know. I know that I've contributed, but it's seemed that nobody really wants to give of themselves. As it is, I'm moving anything that's in progress for me to IKOLY2. I'll repost it here when it's either done or when I have several chapters ready. And that's a shame, because a lot of authors that I really like are supposedly on here, and I really want their honest opinion of my writing so that I can get better. Understand, I don't want butt-kissing, or some number of good reviews that I can wave under someone's nose, I need someone else's perspective on my work. And I got more reviews in 12 hours than I got in more than a week on this board. You don't have to say anything if you have nothing to say, but if my fic stuck a nerve for you, annoyed you, made you feel good, let me know so that I can adjust my writing.

Fri 10 Oct 2008 5:11 pm
Profile YIM
Master

Um... not much but I thought I could post somethign to prove I'm not dead. I've got a one-shot I'm close to posting and I'm working on another one-shot that I'll have done before Halloween. Suppose this should go somewhere in the fanfiction section but not sure where best spot for it would be. Anyway the fic that ive got done, names Kiss from a Rose, is just a random scene that popped into my head while the other is a challenge. The challenge is techinally Wiffy but I'm going to have a Buffy/Dawn smut scene in it, and it happens to take place in my Fallen universe. Dont quite think it's part of the story line bbbuuuutttt.....

Sat 11 Oct 2008 9:35 pm
Master

Yo:

Was out of town for the past five days. In addition, I've been working, going to school and trying to lose about thirty pounds.

Excuses.

I'm still here. I still care,

Put me in the right direction. what's worth reading?

Still Here,

Patrick

Tue 14 Oct 2008 3:13 pm
Apprentice

Whedonist wrote:
*looks behind back at the lack of welcoming committee* Sorry, guess I'm it...so uh, welcome!

What's the up, peeps?

:mrgreen:

Life goes in cycles... it's a slow month. It'll speed up eventually.

Standing On Boxes

Tue 14 Oct 2008 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Master

I've been teaching, going to classes, working, and trying to read over 60 books and articles for comprehensive exams. Then, I have the English subject test of the GRE coming up this week, and working on conferences.

On a plus note, I got to have dinner with Rhonda Wilcox and some other big named Buffy scholars!

Wed 15 Oct 2008 1:47 am
Master

Yo:

Rin wrote:
On a plus note, I got to have dinner with Rhonda Wilcox and some other big named Buffy scholars!

Coolness!

Read Wilcox's book, liked it.

At least up until the part where she compared Spike to John Donne.

I guess I missed the "rapist and mass murderer" period of old Jack's career.

Not that the "Happy Meals with Legs" speech didn't have a certain poetic majesty to it. :D

Still here,

Patrick

Wed 15 Oct 2008 4:10 pm
Journeyman

I'm still here it's more that I periodically peek my head in and lurk/browse.

Trying to continue my fic that got stuck with College Graduation/Job hunting but I don't post that often in part because I tend to focus more on the actual Buffy/Willow relationship (Which most dicussion has killed over and over again) and rarely focus on the fan fiction side of the ledger.

Thu 30 Oct 2008 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Master

DawnBTVS wrote:
I'm still here it's more that I periodically peek my head in and lurk/browse.

Trying to continue my fic that got stuck with College Graduation/Job hunting but I don't post that often in part because I tend to focus more on the actual Buffy/Willow relationship (Which most dicussion has killed over and over again) and rarely focus on the fan fiction side of the ledger.

congrats on the whole graduation thingy...

We're around - 'Kay well I am at least...I get too bored at work...well I used...it's been crazy there...*yay* for a recession and cut backs... :grr:

Fri 07 Nov 2008 1:57 am
Profile ICQ
Apprentice

Tap... tap... tap...

Is this thing on?

Wake Up!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Standing On Boxes

Fri 14 Nov 2008 8:03 pm
Profile WWW