Make With the Funny 
Master

Post Make With the Funny
Yo:

From Tv.Tropes;

May I present to you

The Ship Yard.
Quote:
Allied Ship: A ship that supports another (Perhaps by removing a person from an official ship to justify a fanon one)

Coastal Defence Ship: A ship that protects the fandom from coming under attack from other fandoms.

Flak Artillery: A segment of the fandom that insists in the possibility of a ship regardless of the Word Of God; i.e., something that fires against Torpedo Bombers. Also known as SAM Battery or AA Battery.
* Aegis System: A particularly influential and well coordinated segment of fans who possess this.

Ghost Ship:
1. A pairing with the minor obstacle of one side being dead (or "just hiding") at the time.

Man-of-War: A ship that, if present, automatically sinks another one. If it doesn't happen in canon, those who support it will try to make it work in fandom.

The Queen Mary: In Fan Fic, when the author matches a canon character with Mary Sue.

Shipkeeper: A fan who persists in their minority ship, or becomes its main supporter.

Shipping Costs: The inevitable increase in angst after a pairing becomes official in order to maintain dramatic tension.

Supertanker: A ship that carries a whole lot of emotional cargo.

A Torpedo: What a story launches when it takes a turn for no other purpose than to sink a ship.
*Damn The Torpedoes: The cry of shippers who ignore Torpedoes and Air to Sea Missiles.

You'll find the whole sick list here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheShipYard

Still Here,

Patrick

Tue 31 Mar 2009 5:54 pm
Journeyman

Post Re: Make With the Funny
Greetings,

You forgot: Shogun:

The Ship that is because I say so.

I remain, as always,
Mad-Hamlet

Wed 15 Apr 2009 10:49 am